Founded in 2011, the 13 member Board of Directors voted to fund four pillars of giving for children K-12 in the Cranston community: Academic (STEM programs and scholarships), Sports, Health and Wellness, and Cultural Arts. In the last five years, the Foundation has granted over $150,000 towards youth programs in each of those areas, and continues to successfully raise money due to the generosity and support of the local community.
The Foundation is proud to have made grants to the following organizations over the years:
- Cranston’s League for Cranston’s Future (CLCF). $20,000
- Renovation of the home baseball field and bleachers
- Football and Cheerleader Clubs
- GALS Softball League
- Cranston Western Little League. $5,000
- Cranston West Freshman Basketball Team. $5,000
- YMCA Flag Football. $2,500
- Cranston West Men’s Lacrosse. $1,000
- Cranston Public Schools—Middle School Theater Program. $10,500
- Cranston Public Schools---6th Grade After-school Robotics Program. $15,000
- Friends Way Youth Bereavement. $8,500
- Cranston Public Schools--College Scholarships. $37,500
- Artists’ Exchange. $2,500
- CHSW Auditorium Renovation Campaign. $950
Our 2017 Foundation Grant will be allocated towards after-school or Summer Camp academic programs for k-12 youth in Cranston!
Our 2017 Foundation Grant will be allocated towards after-school or Summer Camp academic programs for k-12 youth in Cranston! Click Here for more information, deadlines and application.